Wednesday 5 October 2011

Letter from Sir David Attenborough

    I recently wrote a letter to Sir David Attenborough. I asked him if
    he had ever encountered Atypus affinis - Purse Web Spider.
    I also sent him a collection of my Photographs of the Colonies that
    I have discovered in Brighton.
    It is truly, a great honour and a huge inspiration to have received a
    handwritten reply from Sir David:

    Dear Nik Nimbus,
    Thankyou very much for your most interesting letter.
    I totally agree with you. Spiders are truly fascinating.
    Indeed I have often said - to my children and others -
    that when I stop making films, I will settle down and start to
    study Spiders properly - as you have done and are doing.
    But that day has not yet dawned so now I am quite certain that
    you know much much more about Spiders than I do.
    You were kind enough to send me some of your spectacular pictures -
    and with them a return stamped envelope, for me to return them.
    Did you want them signed? If you do I will gladly do so -
    though I don't deserve to have my name on such good pictures.
    Just let me know.
    Meanwhile, thank you again for letting me see them.
    Best wishes
    David Attenborough
    :::::
    What an amazing man! He has always been an inspiration and always will be!
    :::::
    I sent Sir David a Spiders Calendar 2012.
    He very kindly sent me this in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.