Sunday 21 July 2013

Sitticus pubescens

    Family : Salticidae
    Genus : Sitticus
    A new find for me, a beautiful little jumping spider.
    Confirmed by Peter Harvey of the British Arachnological Society
    and the Spider Recording Scheme, as an adult male Sitticus pubescens.
    Paynes Southdown Bee Farms Ltd.,
    Hassocks, West Sussex
    07.05.13
    I found this second, male S. pubescens on a door, he sat in the same place for
    nearly a week!
    Paynes Southdown Bee Farms Ltd.,
    Hassocks, West Sussex
    19.06.13
    I spotted this one, much to my surprise, on my outer kitchen wall.
    Brighton, East Sussex
    13.07.13

2 comments:

  1. It is interesting to note that we have some of the same spiders here in Aus. This little jumping spider is a personal favourite of mine. They have such character. Lovely photos. I will enjoy browsing more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got on this site I'm looking at all these spiders My name is spider I had the nick name from birth .I guess some how I love the spider world .

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.